Bio: Rose is a senior from Chicago, Illinois who currently attends Walter Payton College Prep. She has plenty of hometown pride and is thus super excited to serve as the Alumni Board’s Midwest Representative. Her first conference with the AllAmerican Model UN Team was last year’s NAIMUN, and she has since participated in the Stevenson Diplomacy Academy and traveled to WEMUN Expo and HMUN India, immensely enjoying all parts of her experience from the tours in new cities to the late nights researching with her amazing teammates. She is currently Secretary-General of NIMUN, the largest Model UN conference for middle school students in the Midwest, and also serves as a Board Director and Head Delegate for the Chicagoland MUN Club, a 501(c)(3). Outside of Model UN, Rose enjoys political punditry, her slam poetry team, and pretending to know what she is talking about. Delegates, advisors, and the world in general can reach Rose at [email protected].
- A Comprehensive Discussion on MUN Clichés - If you’ve been to a Model UN conference before, there are probably a couple of phrases you’ve heard thrown around: NGOs, national sovereignty, the children, etc. If you’re a bonafide MUN veteran, even hearing just one of these words out-of-context likely makes you want to tear your ears off your head. This is not for… Continue Reading
- Constituent Assembly of Myanmar - Introduction and Instructions A Constituent Assembly is an instrument of representative democracy assembled to draft or adopt a constitution. The members of a Constituent Assembly are citizens themselves building a set of internally imposed actions. A Constituent Assembly is, therefore, not unilaterally imposed by a single lawmaker or set of rulers. In this simulation, delegates… Continue Reading
- MUNUC vs. CIMUN: The Contradictions of the Chicagoland MUN Circuit - In conversations about Model UN in Chicago, the two conferences that seem to pop up most frequently are Model UN of the University of Chicago (MUNUC), and Chicago International Model UN (CIMUN). Generically, both have a fair amount of similarities. Both are large (2,600 and 1,500 delegates, respectively), both are located at large, illustrious hotels… Continue Reading
- How Competing in Model UN in India is Different than the US - The end of the third day of HMUN India was nearing. My committee, the 130th Session of the International Olympic Committee, made up of an amalgamation of over 150 students from around South and Southeast Asia (and myself, the lone American delegate) had spent the last three days in intense debate over the future of… Continue Reading
- Introducing Rose Jacobs, Alumni Associate for the Midwest Region - Fellow delegates, ladies and gentlemen, people of the world, My name is Rose and it is my pleasure to announce my position as an Alumni Associate for All-American MUN. I currently am a senior at Walter Payton College Prep, am a Board Director and Head Delegate for the Chicagoland MUN Club, and am Secretary-General of… Continue Reading