YALE MODEL GOVERNMENT EUROPE
There’s only one way to know
Yale Model Government Europe
March 13 -18, 2024
Yale Model Government Europe — or YMGE — is an innovative, collaborative and inspiring conference that brings together top delegates from around the world and an experienced Yale Secretariat. Hallmarks of the conference include its unique hybrid of American and European committee styles providing delegates with a variety of experiences. In a consistently beautiful location and stunning hotels, the Conference elevates the Model UN experience to new heights as delegates work together wrestling with some of the most serious issues that the world faces today.
The All-American Model UN Team first attended the YMGE in 2014 and has won 5 consecutive Best Delegation awards. Our students win awards over 98% of the time at YMGE.
Flexible Departure Day
Students may elect to return to the United States on Sunday, March 17, or on Monday, March 18. There is no extra cost associated with the additional day.
PAST YMGE PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
The All-American Model UN Program to the YMGE in Budapest, Hungary is a no-hassle program that takes the worry away from planning and travel. Our fall program to Budapest includes all of the following, plus more!
Opera or Music Concert
Remote Online Training
Breakfast and Dinner
24-Hour Supervision & Contact
Application and Qualifications
Students applying to the All-American Model UN team should have a consistent performance of excellence, not just in Model United Nations also academically. We will assess each candidate on an individual basis and not against one another. Students should use their application to illustrate their strengths and progress throughout high school.
- Students must have at least of two years of competitive Model United Nations experience and participated in at least two conferences.
- The best candidates will have placed (been awarded a Best Delegate, Outstanding Delegate, or Honorable Mention) in a high percentage of conferences attended.
- Experience hosting a conference or chairing a Model UN committee looked favorably upon, but not required.
- Exemplary understanding of parliamentary procedure including: moderated debate, motions and points, resolution writing, and voting procedure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thoroughly research advanced matters of international affairs, both in the present and past.
- Leadership experience either in Model United Nations or comparable co-curricular activities
Qualifying Model UN Conferences
- Harvard Model UN (HMUN)
- Ivy League Model UN Conference (ILMUNC)
- Yale Model UN (YMUN)
- Model UN at the University of Chicago (MUNUC)
- North American Invitational Model UN (NAIMUN)
- UC Berkeley Model UN (BMUN)
- Stanford Model UN Conference (SMUNC)
- USC Model UN (TrojanMUN)
- Washington Area Model UN Conference (WAMUNC)
- Chicago Invitational Model UN (CIMUN)
- Boston Invitational Model UN (BosMUN)
- Johns Hopkins Model UN Conference (JHUMUNC)
- University of Michigan Model UN (MUNUM)
- Rutgers Model UN (RUMUN)
- Princeton Model UN Conference (PMUNC)
- Cornell Model UN Conference (CMUNC)
- Brown Simulation of the United Nations (BUSUN)
- William and Mary High School Model UN (WMHSMUN)
Enrollment Deadline: January 5, 2024
Student Seats Available
Award Rate after All-American
Students Accepted into Ivy League or Similar Schools
“The trip to Budapest is not only a chance to compete at a wonderfully run MUN conference, but a chance to experience a beautiful city and with history and views like you would not believe. Fun, Debate, Food, and Friends are only some of the things that make this trip amazing!”
“Going to Budapest for YMGE was one of the greatest experiences of my life! Not only did the conference exceed my high expectations as amazing and fun but the city was also wonderful. You can’t miss a Frank Pobutkiewicz tour complete with Christmas markets and chimney cakes!”
“Going to Budapest with All-American was one of the best decisions I made in High School. The competition was tough, but having Frank as a coach really helped me navigate my way through the many obstacles I faced in committee. Coming home with a gavel was great, but that feeling that comes with world travels made the the experience one I will never forget.”
PROGRAM COSTS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
|Airfare Expense||Varies on location|
|Payment Details & Options|
|Scholarships and Aid|