YALE MODEL UNITED NATIONS KOREA
There’s only one way to know
Yale Model UN Korea
November 22-27, 2023
Korean International Exhibition Center, Seoul, Korea
Yale Model United Nations Korea (Yale MUN Korea) has established itself as a premier conference on the East Asian Model UN circuit. Yale-affiliated Model United Nations conferences across the globe continue to be some of the largest and most prestigious conferences in the high school Model UN circuit worldwide. Yale MUN Korea brings this experience to delegates in Seoul, Korea to further spread the Yale MUN educational mission through simulations of the United Nations. Yale MUN Korea has operated since 2012.
Yale MUN Korea is distinguished by its deep commitment to promoting global citizenship and fostering an educational environment in which delegates can engage in the world’s most pressing international relations issues.
Day One: Discover Korean Royalty
Bukchon Hanok Village
National Palace Museum of Korea
Seoul Ghost Tour
Day Two: Taking Traditions to New Heights
Namsan Seoul Tower
Namsangol Hanok Village
Dongdaemun Design Plaza
Day Two, Three & Four: Yale MUN Korea Conference
Compete against students from across Korea and the world
Day Four & Five: Han River’s South Bank
Lotte World Tower
The All-American Model UN Program to the YMGE in Budapest, Hungary is a no-hassle program that takes the worry away from planning and travel. Our fall program to Budapest includes all of the following, plus more!
Opera or Music Concert
Remote Online Training
Breakfast and Dinner
24-Hour Supervision & Contact
Application and Qualifications
Students applying to the All-American Model UN team should have a consistent performance of excellence, not just in Model United Nations also academically. We will assess each candidate on an individual basis and not against one another. Students should use their application to illustrate their strengths and progress throughout high school.
- Students must have at least of two years of competitive Model United Nations experience and participated in at least two conferences.
- The best candidates will have placed (been awarded a Best Delegate, Outstanding Delegate, or Honorable Mention) in a high percentage of conferences attended.
- Experience hosting a conference or chairing a Model UN committee looked favorably upon, but not required.
- Exemplary understanding of parliamentary procedure including: moderated debate, motions and points, resolution writing, and voting procedure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thoroughly research advanced matters of international affairs, both in the present and past.
- Leadership experience either in Model United Nations or comparable co-curricular activities
Qualifying Model UN Conferences
- Harvard Model UN (HMUN)
- Ivy League Model UN Conference (ILMUNC)
- Yale Model UN (YMUN)
- Model UN at the University of Chicago (MUNUC)
- North American Invitational Model UN (NAIMUN)
- UC Berkeley Model UN (BMUN)
- Stanford Model UN Conference (SMUNC)
- USC Model UN (TrojanMUN)
- Washington Area Model UN Conference (WAMUNC)
- Chicago Invitational Model UN (CIMUN)
- Boston Invitational Model UN (BosMUN)
- Johns Hopkins Model UN Conference (JHUMUNC)
- University of Michigan Model UN (MUNUM)
- Rutgers Model UN (RUMUN)
- Princeton Model UN Conference (PMUNC)
- Cornell Model UN Conference (CMUNC)
- Brown Simulation of the United Nations (BUSUN)
- William and Mary High School Model UN (WMHSMUN)
Application Deadline: September 15, 2023
Student Seats Available
Award Rate after All-American
Students Accepted into Ivy League or Similar Schools
“I’m so thankful that I found out about All-American Model UN. Even though I only could participate in one program before I graduated, I wish I could have done more. Frank really cares about all of his students and will do anything to help us get better. I met so many people from around the world and have many new friends now!”
“My last Model UN conference was with All-American and I couldn’t have wished for a better memory. I learned so much about history, and also won Best Delegate– my last high school gavel!”
“All-American MUN gives me a way to explore new countries without feeling like a typical tourist. Not only did I win an award in my first crisis committee, Frank taught me to improve my speaking, leadership, and collaboration skills.”
PROGRAM COSTS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
|Varies on location
|Payment Details & Options
|Scholarships and Aid