For the past three years, the All-American Model UN Programs has employed a “One Application” policy for selecting students for its honor travel delegations.
This made sense when the All-American teams went to only a couple conferences a year. I would review and reread applications for each conference to pick students for teams. Now, we attend five conferences, in China, India, Hungary, Latin America, and Washington D.C., and also host a Summer Diplomacy Academy.
In truth, the standards for each team and program are slightly different, but the differences are no longer significant enough to warrant re-reading and re-accepting students.
The All-American Model UN Community
All of my students are aware of the emphasis I place on community. Being accepting to and working with an All-American team is not about your résumé, your past accomplishments, or even just your experience.
The value of Model UN for me has always been about community and teamwork. The feeling of invincibility from the unbending supporting of the people that surround you is a feeling that I’ve been chasing since I graduated from college and what I have always striven to replicate with the All-American teams.
Now, when you apply, you apply to the All-American Community.
Accepted students will receive information packages and registration materials for all of our programs and will be eligible to participate in any or all of them until they matriculate into college. Even better, I’ve redone the tuition for our programs so that the more programs you do, the more you can save. This has been an important part of our story since over 50% of our students compete on multiple teams with us while they’re in high school.
I never wanted to create a “one and done” experience. My drive has been to work with incredible students for a number of years, in high school and beyond. I’ve been lucky enough to have that type of relationship with many current students and alumni.
Our applications are always open, and we are currently recruiting for our summer delegations to the WEMUN Expo in Beijing and HMUN India in Hyderabad. If you won an award at any Major or Mid-Major Conference, listed below, you automatically qualify for our teams:
- Harvard Model UN (HMUN)
- Ivy League Model UN Conference (ILMUNC)
- Yale Model UN (YMUN)
- Model UN at the University of Chicago (MUNUC)
- North American Invitational Model UN (NAIMUN)
- UC Berkeley Model UN (BMUN)
- Stanford Model UN Conference (SMUNC)
- USC Model UN (TrojanMUN)
- Washington Area Model UN Conference (WAMUNC)
- Chicago Invitational Model UN (CIMUN)
- Boston Invitational Model UN (BosMUN)
- Johns Hopkins Model UN Conference (JHUMUNC)
- University of Michigan Model UN (MUNUM)
- Rutgers Model UN (RUMUN)
- Princeton Model UN Conference (PMUNC)
- Cornell Model UN Conference (CMUNC)
- Brown Simulation of the United Nations (BUSUN)
- William and Mary High School Model UN (WMHSMUN)