IVY LEAGUE MODEL UNITED NATIONS CONFERENCE: HANOI, VIETNAM
There’s only one way to know
ILMUNC Vietnam Program
May 23-30 ILMUNC Vietnam
May 31-June 3 Vietnam Extension Program
The Ivy League Model United Nations Conference (ILMUNC) is known as one of the most competitive conferences in the United States. A few years ago, ILMUNC, which is hosted by the University of Pennsylvania, began to host conferences overseas. With conferences in Peru, China, and India, ILMUNC looks to continue to build its reputation an a Model UN leaders in a new market: Vietnam.
– Visit Ba Dinh Square and Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum
– Tour the One-Pillar Pagoda and Temple of Literature
– Enjoy traditional Vietnamese meals at local restaurants
– Visit Hao Lo Prison
– Explore Hanoi’s old quarter on a guided bike tour
– Take a full day boat trip on Halong Bay and enjoy a cave tour
Ho Chi Minh City Extension
– Mekong Delta full boat tour
– Bargain and shop at Ben Thanh Market
– Visit the War Remnants Museum
GET MORE INFORMATION
The All-American Model UN Program to the YMGE in Budapest, Hungary is a no-hassle program that takes the worry away from planning and travel. Our fall program to Budapest includes all of the following, plus more!
Opera or Music Concert
Remote Online Training
24-Hour Supervision & Contact
Application and Qualifications
Students applying to the All-American Model UN team should have a consistent performance of excellence, not just in Model United Nations also academically. We will assess each candidate on an individual basis and not against one another. Students should use their application to illustrate their strengths and progress throughout high school.
- Students must have at least of two years of competitive Model United Nations experience and participated in at least two conferences.
- The best candidates will have placed (been awarded a Best Delegate, Outstanding Delegate, or Honorable Mention) in a high percentage of conferences attended.
- Experience hosting a conference or chairing a Model UN committee looked favorably upon, but not required.
- Exemplary understanding of parliamentary procedure including: moderated debate, motions and points, resolution writing, and voting procedure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thoroughly research advanced matters of international affairs, both in the present and past.
- Leadership experience either in Model United Nations or comparable co-curricular activities
Qualifying Model UN Conferences
- Harvard Model UN (HMUN)
- Ivy League Model UN Conference (ILMUNC)
- Yale Model UN (YMUN)
- Model UN at the University of Chicago (MUNUC)
- North American Invitational Model UN (NAIMUN)
- UC Berkeley Model UN (BMUN)
- Stanford Model UN Conference (SMUNC)
- USC Model UN (TrojanMUN)
- Washington Area Model UN Conference (WAMUNC)
- Chicago Invitational Model UN (CIMUN)
- Boston Invitational Model UN (BosMUN)
- Johns Hopkins Model UN Conference (JHUMUNC)
- University of Michigan Model UN (MUNUM)
- Rutgers Model UN (RUMUN)
- Princeton Model UN Conference (PMUNC)
- Cornell Model UN Conference (CMUNC)
- Brown Simulation of the United Nations (BUSUN)
- William and Mary High School Model UN (WMHSMUN)
Early Application Deadline: February 29, 2018
Student Seats Available
Award Rate after All-American