JOIN THE ALL-AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL TEAM
Compete at international Model United Nations conferences in Europe, Asia, and Latin America and help to represent the United States
High school students from around the United States who want to use Model UN as a way to unlock the world
All-American Model UN International Travel Team
2022-2023 Conferences: MoroccoMUN, Harvard Model Congress Europe, Yale Model Government Europe
Over the past several years, our US travel team has set it set apart on the Model UN circuit, winning delegation awards at almost all conferences we have attended. Our students boast a 70% individual award rate, capitalizing on our trusted training pedagogy.
Students may enroll in the year-long program, including all travel conferences, or enroll in specific conferences.
Past Internatinal Team Results
- 2012 WEMUN Expo- Best Small Delegation
- 2013 WEMUN Expo- Best Small Delegation
- 2014 WEMUN Expo- Best Small Delegation
- 2014 Yale Model Government Europe- Best Delegation
- 2015 WEMUN Expo- Best Small Delegation
- 2015 Harvard Model UN India- Best Small Delegation
- 2015 Yale Model Government Europe- Best Delegation
- 2016 HACIA Summit of the Americas- Best Small Delegation
- 2016 Yale Model Government Europe- Best Delegation
- 2016 WEMUN Expo- Best Small Delegation
- 2016 Harvard Model UN India – Best International Delegation
- 2017 HACIA Summit of the America- Best Small Delegation
- 2017 WEMUN Expo- Best Small Delegation
- 2017 Harvard Model UN India- Best Private Delegation
- 2017 Yale Model Government Europe- Best Delegation
- 2017 Harvard Model Congress Europe- Best Small Delegation
- 2018 WEMUN Expo- Best Small Delegation
- 2018 Harvard Model Congress Europe- Best Small Delegation
- 2018 NATO Security Simulation- Best Delegation
- 2018 Yale Model Government Europe- Best Large Delegation
- 2019 Harvard Model UN India- Best Private Delegation
2022-2023 Conference Roster
Morocco Model UN Future We Want: Nov 22 – 28, 2022
GA Committees & UNSC
Harvard Model Congress Europe: March 14-20, 2023
Traditional & Crisis Committees
Yale Model Government Europe- May 23-29, 2023
Work with the All-American Model UN Director to go over conference strategy, practice debating, and discuss policy research.
Students enrolled in the US Travel Team will have the chance to work directly with the All-American Model UN professional team. In the run-up to conferences, every student will be required to conduct at least two one-on-one sessions with the Program Director to review research, discuss strategies, and practice speeches.
CULTURAL IMMERSION TOURING
Model UN is a powerful educational vehicle for exploring the world. Every international program includes cultural immersion touring components including home visits, language lessons, opera nights, and more.
Not many high school students get the opportunity to visit countries in Europe, Asia, and Latin America before entering college. All-American Model UN programs are about so much more than Model UN. We take full advantage of the culture and history of every city that we visit.
Sixteen Years of Training Material in the Making
Get your hands on all of our training material, developed over the past 15+ years. Practiced and proven material that produces results.
The international Model UN Travel Team by All-American Model UN includes all of the following for each conference. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
Touring & Attractions
24-Hour Supervision and Contact
4 and 5-Star Hotel
Breakfast & Dinners
Application and Qualifications
Students applying to the All-American Model UN team should have a consistent performance of excellence, not just in Model United Nations but also academically. We will assess each candidate on an individual basis and not against one another. Students should use their application to illustrate their strengths and progress throughout high school.
The US Travel Team will have a different set of criteria for acceptance compared to the International Travel Team, which had the highest standard. Students who attend a Summer Academy will be automatically accepted onto the US Travel Team. Typically, we will be looking for students who meet the following criteria:
- Students must have at least one year of competitive Model United Nations experience and participate in at least two conferences.
- The best candidates will have won at least one paper award (Honorable, Outstanding, Best, or the equivalent)
- Exemplary understanding of parliamentary procedure including moderated debate, motions and points, resolution writing, and voting procedure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thoroughly research advanced matters of international affairs, both in the present and past.
- Leadership experience either in Model United Nations or comparable co-curricular activities
Student Seats Available
Award Rate after All-American
APPLICATIONS PER YEAR
STUDENTS WHO ENROLL IN MULTIPLE PROGRAMS
ALUMNI GOING TO IVY LEAGUE+
ALUMNI ATTENDING TOP 30 COLLEGES
MAX STUDENT:STAFF RATIO
OUR APPROACH TO STUDENT TRAINING
Our tested Model UN training has empowered students to become better Model UN delegates, students, and global citizens.
We believe Model UN is a powerful vehicle to teach students fundamental, transferable skills. Our philosophy revolves around four pillars:
- Research and Preparation– All-American Model UN places a premium on research and pre-conference preparation. Students will be taught how to research complex international issues, analyze past actions taken, and develop new, novel approaches for solving some of the world’s biggest challenges.
- Pattern Recognition- Model UN conferences, whether one day or five days, follow the same pattern or cycle. The All Access training program will divulge the “secret” pattern behind Model UN conferences and teach students how to best develop a strategy to succeed. Rather than constantly run mock simulations, we break Model UN down into smaller, more digestible segments.
- Emotional Intelligence- Model UN teaches grit, determination, leadership, and team building. To better understand these skills, All-American Model UN believes in teaching emotional intelligence to its students.
- Advocacy- We believe that solutions without advocacy die in silence. Our training shows students how to be powerful advocates in formal debate and informal lobbying.
EXERCISES FOR YOU
PROGRAM COSTS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
|Tuition||Single Program: $2,400|
|Airfare Expense||Varies on location, not included|
|Payment Details & Options|
|Scholarships and Aid|
|Additional Information||Please do not book your travel arrangements to host city until you are told to do so by the Director.|
Frequently Asked Questions
What training do students receive when they enroll in the international travel team?
Students will work with the Program Director for each conference they attend. Training consists of virtual team meetings and at least 4 hours of individual training. Students will conduct research, write a position paper, and review Model UN procedure in addition to strategy meetings.
How do students get accepted onto the international travel team?
There are two ways by which students can be accepted to the US travel team. Students may either complete a Summer Academy, or they may apply directly for acceptance online at allamericanmun.com/apply. For students applying for direct acceptance, we will evaluate applications based on past performance at Model UN conference and academics.
Do students have to attend all conferences to participate on the international travel team?
No, students can opt to attend as many programs as they would like. Over 65% of our students attend multiple programs throughout the year. We offer program packages at discounted rates.
Can you accommodate dietary restrictions during conference weekends?
Yes, we can accommodate all dietary restrictions for students.
How old do you have to be to apply as a student?
You must be at least 14 years old and no older than 18 years old to enroll as part of the international travel team.
How do students travel to program locations? Do they travel together?
Our students come from all parts of the US, and sometimes internationally, to compete on our international travel team. When we have multiple students in a similar geography, we do our best to suggest travel plans to have students travel together. Most will arrive by plane independently. When students arrive at the destination airport, our staff meets them directly outside of security to escort them to the conference hotel.
What details can you share about security and supervision?
We provide 24/7 onsite supervision during international programs. In addition, most conferences have robust security details at night. Students are not allowed to leave the hotel on their own, and we enforce a strict curfew at night.
What types of financial assistance do you offer?
We will do our best to work with families to provide financial assistance on the All-American Model UN tuition. After a student has been accepted into the program, they will be given instruction on how to apply for financial assistance.
How do you enroll in a program?
After you’ve been accepted onto the team, students will receive access to an enrollment portal. The enrollment portal will give step-by-step instructions on how to submit tuition and finalize enrollment.