Due to the on-going coronavirus crisis, All-American Model UN has decided to suspend all in-person activities until 2021 to ensure the safety of all of our community members and mentors. We’ve transitioned to providing a suite of digital Model UN training, conferences, and academies. All students who registered for programs in 2020 will receive 100% full refunds.
Thank you for your confidence and support.
IVY LEAGUE MODEL UN PERU: LIMA
There’s only one way to know
Ivy League Model United Nations Peru
Pre-program (Cusco and Machu Piccho): August 7-12,2020
Lima Program and Conference: August 12-18, 2020
300+ Students from 10+ Countries
ILMUNC Perú, hosted by the University of Pennsylvnia, is a four day simulation of the official United Nations sessions, where delegates will represent officials from different countries and have the opportunity to engage in political discourse, lobby their country policies and from there, derive solutions to pressing global issues. ILMUNC Peru enters its fifth year in 2020 and attracts hundreds of students from Peru and neighboring countries.
Lodging and Conference Venue
Los Incas Lima Hotel
Address: Av. Cerro de Camacho 500, Santiago de LIMA 33, Peru
Phone: +51 1 7090000
Conference Venue: Universidad San Ignacio de Loyola (USIL)
Flights to Peru
Students are responsible for booking their own flights to Peru. The Director will provide instructions for when you should arive and depart. If you have have questions or apprehension about flights, please email [email protected]
To maximize the experience of visiting Peru, we’ve put together a pre-program that explores Cusco and visits Machu Piccho. While the pre-program is optional, we encourage all of our students to take full advantage to visit on the ancient wonders of the world.
The All-American Model UN Director will be available 24/7 by calling 617-702-4888 while overseas. Before departure, please contact the Director by email or phone with any questions or concerns.
Arrive in Lima from your local airport
Meet your All-American team mates
Go out to dinner in the City Center
Spend the night in Lima
Transfer to Cusco by plane
Pre-Program: Cusco and Machu Piccho
Tour Historic Cusco:
– Explore UNSECO heritage site Saksaywaman
– Visit the Cusco Cathedral
– Shop at the Plaza de Armas
– Visit Choco Museo and take a chocolate making class
– Take a train ride to Machu Piccho
– Guided tour of Machu Piccho ruins
Lima Program Arrival
Arrive in Lima from your local airport or with Pre-program group
Meet your All-American team mates
Enjoy a traditional Peruvian dinner
– Explore and Shop at San Isidro Mercado
– Walk Along Lima’s Malecón (aka The Miraflores Boardwalk)
– Enjoy a guided historic walking tour of Lima
– Explore the ruins of Huaca Pucllana
– Wonder the streets of the Barranco neighborhood
The All-American Model UN Program to the HACIA in Cartagena, Colombia is a no-hassle program that takes the worry away from planning and travel. Our spring program to Cartagena includes all of the following, plus more!
Professional Tour Guide
Touring and Attraction Entrance Fees
Remote Online Training
24-Hour Supervision & Contact
Application and Qualifications
Students applying to the All-American Model UN team should have a consistent performance of excellence, not just in Model United Nations also academically. We will assess each candidate on an individual basis and not against one another. Students should use their application to illustrate their strengths and progress throughout high school.
- Students must have at least of two years of competitive Model United Nations experience and participated in at least two conferences.
- The best candidates will have placed (been awarded a Best Delegate, Outstanding Delegate, or Honorable Mention) in a high percentage of conferences attended.
- Experience hosting a conference or chairing a Model UN committee looked favorably upon, but not required.
- Exemplary understanding of parliamentary procedure including: moderated debate, motions and points, resolution writing, and voting procedure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thoroughly research advanced matters of international affairs, both in the present and past.
- Leadership experience either in Model United Nations or comparable co-curricular activities
Qualifying Model UN Conferences
- Harvard Model UN (HMUN)
- Ivy League Model UN Conference (ILMUNC)
- Yale Model UN (YMUN)
- Model UN at the University of Chicago (MUNUC)
- North American Invitational Model UN (NAIMUN)
- UC Berkeley Model UN (BMUN)
- Stanford Model UN Conference (SMUNC)
- USC Model UN (TrojanMUN)
- Washington Area Model UN Conference (WAMUNC)
- Chicago Invitational Model UN (CIMUN)
- Boston Invitational Model UN (BosMUN)
- Johns Hopkins Model UN Conference (JHUMUNC)
- University of Michigan Model UN (MUNUM)
- Rutgers Model UN (RUMUN)
- Princeton Model UN Conference (PMUNC)
- Cornell Model UN Conference (CMUNC)
- Brown Simulation of the United Nations (BUSUN)
- William and Mary High School Model UN (WMHSMUN)
Application Deadline: April 1, 2020
Student Seats Available
Award Rate after All-American
Students Accepted into Ivy League or Similar Schools
“All-American Model UN gave me a way to explore the world without feeling like a typical tourist. Not only did I win an award in my first crisis committee, Frank taught me to improve my speaking, leadership, and collaboration skills.”
“I couldn’t have wished for better memories than with All-American. I learned so much about history, politics, and cultures, and also multiple awards at conferences!”
“I’m so thankful that I found out about All-American Model UN. I could only participate on one program before I graduated, but I really wish I could have done more. Frank really cares about all of his students and will do anything to help us get better. I would recommend All-American to anyone interested in getting better!”
PROGRAM COSTS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
|Cusco and Machu Piccho Pre-Program Tuition||+$1,100|
|Airfare Expense||Varies on location|
|Payment Details & Options|
|Scholarships and Aid|