HARVARD MODEL CONGRESS EUROPE: MADRID, SPAIN
There’s only one way to know
Harvard Model Congress
March 15-March 19/20, 2023
Meliá Castilla Hotel, Madrid, Spain
Harvard Model Congress Europe (HMC) simulates the various organs, bodies, and committees of the United States Government. Over the last 25 years, the conference has grown significantly with over 500 students attending the conference in Madrid. HMC has sister conferences across the world, including in Boston, Hong Kong, and Dubai.
Flexible Departure Day
Students may elect to return to the United States on Sunday, March 19th or on Monday, March 20th. There is no extra cost associated with the additional day.
Day One: Arrive in Madrid
Arrive in Madrid from your local airport
Meet your All-American team mates
Train with the All-American MUN Director
Go out to dinner in the City Center
Day Two: Madrid Touring
– Explore the winding streets of La Latina in Madrid Old Town
– Discover the multicultural neighborhood of Lavapiés
– Visit a bustling food market and see how the locals shop
– Learn about the city’s modern art scene and flamenco and gypsy culture
– Check out some of the best tapas bars in the city and try samples
Day Two, Three & Four: HMCE Conference
Compete against students from across Europe and the world
Day Four & Five: Additional Touring
Attend an Opera Performance or Concert
Tour the Royal Palace
The All-American Model UN Program to the YMGE in Budapest, Hungary is a no-hassle program that takes the worry away from planning and travel. Our fall program to Budapest includes all of the following, plus more!
Opera or Music Concert
Remote Online Training
Breakfast and Dinner
24-Hour Supervision & Contact
Application and Qualifications
Students applying to the All-American Model UN team should have a consistent performance of excellence, not just in Model United Nations also academically. We will assess each candidate on an individual basis and not against one another. Students should use their application to illustrate their strengths and progress throughout high school.
- Students must have at least of two years of competitive Model United Nations experience and participated in at least two conferences.
- The best candidates will have placed (been awarded a Best Delegate, Outstanding Delegate, or Honorable Mention) in a high percentage of conferences attended.
- Experience hosting a conference or chairing a Model UN committee looked favorably upon, but not required.
- Exemplary understanding of parliamentary procedure including: moderated debate, motions and points, resolution writing, and voting procedure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thoroughly research advanced matters of international affairs, both in the present and past.
- Leadership experience either in Model United Nations or comparable co-curricular activities
Qualifying Model UN Conferences
- Harvard Model UN (HMUN)
- Ivy League Model UN Conference (ILMUNC)
- Yale Model UN (YMUN)
- Model UN at the University of Chicago (MUNUC)
- North American Invitational Model UN (NAIMUN)
- UC Berkeley Model UN (BMUN)
- Stanford Model UN Conference (SMUNC)
- USC Model UN (TrojanMUN)
- Washington Area Model UN Conference (WAMUNC)
- Chicago Invitational Model UN (CIMUN)
- Boston Invitational Model UN (BosMUN)
- Johns Hopkins Model UN Conference (JHUMUNC)
- University of Michigan Model UN (MUNUM)
- Rutgers Model UN (RUMUN)
- Princeton Model UN Conference (PMUNC)
- Cornell Model UN Conference (CMUNC)
- Brown Simulation of the United Nations (BUSUN)
- William and Mary High School Model UN (WMHSMUN)
Application Deadline: Jan 15, 2023
Student Seats Available
Award Rate after All-American
Students Accepted into Ivy League or Similar Schools
“I’m so thankful that I found out about All-American Model UN. Even though I only could participate in one program before I graduated, I wish I could have done more. Frank really cares about all of his students and will do anything to help us get better. I met so many people from around the world and have many new friends now!”
“My last Model UN conference was with All-American and I couldn’t have wished for a better memory. I learned so much about history, and also won Best Delegate– my last high school gavel!”
“All-American MUN gives me a way to explore new countries without feeling like a typical tourist. Not only did I win an award in my first crisis committee, Frank taught me to improve my speaking, leadership, and collaboration skills.”
PROGRAM COSTS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
|Airfare Expense||Varies on location|
|Payment Details & Options|
|Scholarships and Aid|