BAKU INTERNATIONAL MODEL UNITED NATIONS: AZERBAIJAN
There’s only one way to know
Baku International Model United Nations
Baku, Azerbaijan; Baku Oxford School/Fairmont Baku Flame Towers
300+ Students from 10+ Countries
The Baku International Model United Nations (BAKUIMUN) conference is hosted by the Baku Oxford School, one of the leading seconday schools in Azerbaijan. Hosted since 2007, BAKUIMUN hosts over 300 students from the Caucus region, both international and domestic students. The Baku Oxford School has a long history in Model United Nations and is one of the leading programs in Azerbaijan.
Hotel Fairmont Baku – Flame Towers
Address: Flame Towers, 1A Mehdi Huseyn St, Baku 1006, Azerbaijan
Phone: +994 12 565 48 48
Flights to Azerbaijan
Students are responsible for booking their own flights to Baku. The Director will provide instructions for when you should arive and depart. If you have have questions or apprehension about flights, please email [email protected]
Flexible Departure Day
Student may elect to return to the United States on Sunday, April 12th or on Monday, April 13th. There is no extra cost associated with the additional day.
The All-American Model UN Director will be available 24/7 by calling 617-702-4888 while overseas. Before departure, please contact the Director by email or phone with any questions or concerns.
Day One: Arrive in Baku, Azerbaijan
Arrive in Baku from your local airport
Meet your All-American team mates
Train with the All-American MUN Director
Go out to dinner in the City Center
Day Two: Baku Tour
Tour Historic Baku:
– Guided tour of the Baku Old City, its architecture and old city walls
– Visit the Shirvanshas Palace and the 15th century Taza Pir Mosque Mosque
– Shop at the Yasil Market
– Enjoy a traditional Azerbaijani meal
– Explore the Fire Temple Ateshgah and Burning Mountain (Yanar Dag)
– Enjoy dinner in the Old City in a traditional restaraunt
Day Three & Four: BAKUIMUN Conference
Compete against students from across Azerbaijan the Cacaus Region
Day Five-Six: Extra Touring
Day trip to Qobustan to see the petroglyphs and the mud volcanoes
The All-American Model UN Program to the HACIA in Cartagena, Colombia is a no-hassle program that takes the worry away from planning and travel. Our spring program to Cartagena includes all of the following, plus more!
Professional Tour Guide
Touring and Attraction Entrance Fees
Remote Online Training
24-Hour Supervision & Contact
Application and Qualifications
Students applying to the All-American Model UN team should have a consistent performance of excellence, not just in Model United Nations also academically. We will assess each candidate on an individual basis and not against one another. Students should use their application to illustrate their strengths and progress throughout high school.
- Students must have at least of two years of competitive Model United Nations experience and participated in at least two conferences.
- The best candidates will have placed (been awarded a Best Delegate, Outstanding Delegate, or Honorable Mention) in a high percentage of conferences attended.
- Experience hosting a conference or chairing a Model UN committee looked favorably upon, but not required.
- Exemplary understanding of parliamentary procedure including: moderated debate, motions and points, resolution writing, and voting procedure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thoroughly research advanced matters of international affairs, both in the present and past.
- Leadership experience either in Model United Nations or comparable co-curricular activities
Qualifying Model UN Conferences
- Harvard Model UN (HMUN)
- Ivy League Model UN Conference (ILMUNC)
- Yale Model UN (YMUN)
- Model UN at the University of Chicago (MUNUC)
- North American Invitational Model UN (NAIMUN)
- UC Berkeley Model UN (BMUN)
- Stanford Model UN Conference (SMUNC)
- USC Model UN (TrojanMUN)
- Washington Area Model UN Conference (WAMUNC)
- Chicago Invitational Model UN (CIMUN)
- Boston Invitational Model UN (BosMUN)
- Johns Hopkins Model UN Conference (JHUMUNC)
- University of Michigan Model UN (MUNUM)
- Rutgers Model UN (RUMUN)
- Princeton Model UN Conference (PMUNC)
- Cornell Model UN Conference (CMUNC)
- Brown Simulation of the United Nations (BUSUN)
- William and Mary High School Model UN (WMHSMUN)
Application Deadline: January 1, 2020
Student Seats Available
Award Rate after All-American
Students Accepted into Ivy League or Similar Schools
“All-American Model UN gave me a way to explore the world without feeling like a typical tourist. Not only did I win an award in my first crisis committee, Frank taught me to improve my speaking, leadership, and collaboration skills.”
“I couldn’t have wished for better memories than with All-American. I learned so much about history, politics, and cultures, and also multiple awards at conferences!”
“I’m so thankful that I found out about All-American Model UN. I could only participate on one program before I graduated, but I really wish I could have done more. Frank really cares about all of his students and will do anything to help us get better. I would recommend All-American to anyone interested in getting better!”
PROGRAM COSTS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
|Airfare Expense||Varies on location|
|Payment Details & Options||
|Scholarships and Aid||