A point of emphasis for our 2015 All-American delegations is to field the most competitive, experienced teams possible. It is my goal to make sure every Model UN student in the United States knows about the All-American programs and reward the best delegates for their experience and accomplishments.
Therefore, I am very excited to announce that we will be giving away up to 50 individual $1,000 scholarships for the summer delegations!
- Student must attend a US high school or secondary school as of January 1, 2015;
- Applicants must have at least one year of competitive Model UN experience;
- Applicants must have one an Honorable Mention, Outstanding Delegate, or Best Delegate award from one of the conferences listed below;
To ensure the highest quality applicants, we have constructed a list of some of the best Model UN conferences in the United States and set aside two scholarships per conference. The remaining $1,000 scholarships will be available to delegates that attended any of the listed conferences and meet the eligibility criteria.
- Berkeley Model UN Conference
- Boston Invitational Model UN Conference
- Columbia Model UN Conference and Exposition
- Cornell Model UN Conference
- Harvard Model UN Conference
- Ivy League Model UN Conference
- Johns Hopkins Model UN Conference
- Model UN of the University of Chicago
- National High School Model UN Conference
- North American Invitational Model UN Conference
- Princeton Model UN Conference
- Rutgers Model UN Conference
- Stanford Model UN Conference
- William and Mary High School Model UN Conference
- Yale Model UN Conference
This is a scholarship essay contest. Applicants must submit a 500 word essay (maximum word count) on the theme of the “Relevance of Model United Nations.” Students have the freedom to develop any thesis about which they care deeply. Essays may, but do not have to, address one the following topics:
- How was Model UN impacted your academic career?
- How was Model UN influenced your high school experience?
- Should more people participate in Model UN? What benefits are there to participating in Model UN?
- What are the main benefits to Model UN? Is Model UN a more effective educational tool than the classroom?
- What would you change about Model UN?
The application deadline has expired. We are no longer accepting essays for this scholarship program.
Want more great articles?
Sign up to get all the latest news and articles from All-American Model UN. Never more than 3 emails per month.